Popsicle Stick Craft
Brought To You By:
Popsicle sticks have been around in the crafting world for a while because they're inexpensive, they're fun, and they provide endless options for what little imaginations can create. You'd be amazed at what a child can do with a simple wooden stick — and we've found a few standout projects that will have you saving up your Popsicle sticks all year long. Check them out below!
o Popsicle Sticks
o Kwik Stix Classic/Neon
o Black Googly Eyes
1. First, you want to begin coloring each Popsicle sticks individually using the orange, yellow, green and Red Kwik Stix.
2. Take four of your dry (only takes 90 seconds!) sticks and lay them out parallel to one another.
3. Start by putting dots on the end and adding a stick on top. Begin another row of dots and add another stick.
4. Keep going along until you have four sticks crossing over the other four.
5. Glue the googly eyes on and walla!
Kids Treasure Box
o Popsicle Sticks
o Kwik Stix
o Stickers, glitter and gemstones (optional)
o Your favorite small toys and trinkets
1. Begin coloring each popsicle sticks individually using your desired color. (The brighter the better)
2. To make the box lay 2 sticks down in the same direction (parallel) stick 2 on top so that it forms a square. Continue sticking 2 to the highest corners until you get the size you want. (Use small drops of glue, it does along way) Also - wait for the square to dry before you move it.
3. To make the bottom lay down a layer of glue across the highest popsicle stick and then neatly line up all your bottom sticks.
4. For the lid lay down the same amount of sticks you used for the bottom and glue 2 rows of popsicle sticks on top to hold everything together. Leave to dry.
5. Once dry you can decorate the box further with stickers, glitter, and gemstones
6. Add some little trinkets and the box is ready!
Thanks to meaningfulmama and powerfulmothering for this great content!