What I’m Thankful for Turkey
Brought to you by:
This thankful turkey craft is a great activity/craft for children of all ages. While the children get to make a nice Thanksgiving craft they also get an opportunity to think about and appreciate the great things they have in their lives!
· Styrofoam cup
· Styrofoam plate
· Kwik Stix (brown, red and orange)
· Construction paper
1. Staple one Styrofoam cup to one Styrofoam plate for each child.
2. Have the children paint the Styrofoam cup brown. This will be the turkey’s body.
3. While the cup (turkey’s body) is drying have the children draw and cut out feathers using construction paper. Have the children write one thing they are thankful for on each feather or every other feather using markers. Optional decorate the feathers with glitter. Glue the construction paper feathers to the Styrofoam plate.
4. Make the face of the turkey using orange paint for the beak and red for the wattle. You can paint on eyes or use goggley eyes. Optional: draw feet and hands on your turkey. Be creative and have fun!